Change through Education & Advocacy
FAP has advanced the cause of adults with autism in a number of ways.
- We host monthly meetings of a parents' chat and support group.
- We host lectures by experts in the field.
- We educate the public about the needs and talents of those with autism.
- We raise awareness through the media and through benefit events.
- Our short-range project is to fund Music based Autism Therapy for children and adults with Autism from financially struggling families.
- Our long-range project is to build a green Community of Homesteads where adults with Autism can live, work, play, and develop meaningful skills.
- This homestead will act as a center for research on best practices in Autism and serve as a model for replication throughout the country.
- We collaborated with the State of Connecticut to open the first autism focused group home for adults in Fairfield County.
- We are founding partners in the Agricultural Communities for Adults with Autism in 2012.
- We participate in the Autism Virtual Resource Fair.